We are proud to announce that EPF Congress 2021 is Patients Included™. This means that EPF is committed to incorporating the experience of patients as experts in living with their condition while ensuring they were neither excluded nor exploited.
The Patients Included™ status is based on meeting all five of the charter’s clauses:
Patients Included™ conference charter clauses:
- Patients or caregivers with experience relevant to the conference’s central theme actively participate in the design and planning of the event, including the selection of themes, topics and speakers.
- Patients or caregivers with experience of the issues addressed by the event participate in its delivery, and appear in its physical audience.
- Travel and accommodation expenses for patients or carers participating in the advertised programme are paid in full, in advance. Scholarships are provided by the conference organisers to allow patients or carers affected by the relevant issues to attend as delegates.
- The disability requirements of participants are accommodated. All applicable sessions, breakouts, ancillary meetings, and other programme elements are open to patient delegates.
- Access for virtual participants is facilitated, with free streaming video provided online wherever possible.
For more information, visit the Patients Included™ website.